Sunday, August 21, 2011

Time to land!

Yes, it's time for me to land! Center myself, ground myself, whatever you want to call it, I'm jumping off the whirlwind I was swooped up into over a month ago! It's time for me get back to my life.

I read a speech today that was given by another woman who was put in the position of being a caregiver to her parents. If you'd like to read the article the link is: http://service-guide.blogspot.com/. It was an affirmation that everything I'm experiencing caring for my parents is normal (it's always nice to know you're normal!!). The things that resonated with me were when she mentioned that when things got too overwhelming she and her husband went on a 12 day cruise! Even my sister in her own sensitive way was mentioning to me little "inexpensive" getaways that I could take advantage of.

I take these little hints from the universe to mean it's time to start making time for things I enjoy. So, I'm going to begin to fill up my schedule with things I love to do and take the focus off caring for my parents. It's time to put my life in balance again. I'm looking forward to my vacation the last week of August.

I'm so grateful for my family. I'm so fortunate to have children I love, a husband who is supportive and brothers and sisters who are always there to listen and support and even have fun with! In their own gentle way they show me it's time to land, time to get my head out of the clouds and come back to my heart. From my heart I will again be able to give to my parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment